Have you heard about Amazon’s new furniture selling platform? Read and discover how to sell furniture online on Amazon!
Amazon had an official announcement – a new marketplace model for furniture selling is in progress. Amazon will no longer require furniture retailers to ship their items all over the world, instead, sellers who sell furniture online on Amazon can decide for themselves if they want to choose specific areas or regions for listing and shipping their furniture. The sellers are also able to offer local services, for example, set-up, white glove delivery, and etc. The fee Amazon charges for an unlimited number of listings is $39.99 plus 15% on the product sale and 20% on the services.
What should you know about Amazon’s new furniture selling platform? How will this program affect your online sale?
Well, what is interesting is that Amazon has recognized the importance of staying local when it comes to home decor and furniture. Amazon has not changed their 3rd party seller program for anyone (furniture category is just an exception). With the introduction of local listing, services, and shipping, they have accepted and recognized the importance of local retailers. Amazon, recently announced that they might be also opening their physical appliance and furniture shops. This would not be considered if they didn’t acknowledge the importance of multichannel experience when it comes to furniture and home decor.
So, what does this exactly mean for retailers?
Well, this is a great thing. This new program could be a great advantage if you want to sell furniture online on Amazon. The new program does not include some of the restrictions and rules that may have discouraged retailers before, for example, having to charge high shipping fees to ship across the country, and much more. Considering the fact that more than 50% of online shoppers start their search for items on Amazon, we must say that Amazon is a pretty attractive sales channel. However, you need to keep in mind that they take a big commission for every sale, but then again we must admit that extra visibility comes at extra cost.
So, what are your future plans? Are you interested in listing your furniture items on Amazon and take advantage of this new furniture selling program?
Besides Amazon, what are your favorite places to sell furniture online? Don’t hesitate to share your experience with us (positive or negative) in the comments below.
Top 10 Places to Sell Furniture (New & Old Furniture) Online and Locally
Finding the perfect website, platform or marketplace to sell furniture is really helpful! Here are top 10 places to check out!
You have decided to sell your old furniture because you are moving out and you need to get rid of the things you don’t need anymore, you’ve bought a new piece of furniture but don’t really go with your home decor, you have decided to enter the furniture business? Well, regardless of your situation, you are probably looking for the perfect website, platform or marketplace to sell furniture online and locally.
In this article, we will present you the top 10 places, ideal for selling furniture (new or old furniture)
- Viyet – This company will send people to your home to check on the furniture you want to sell, with proper photos, measurements, and documents. You can keep the items at home or have them transferred to their warehouse.
- Route 66 Furniture – They collect furniture from different individuals and put them away in their own warehouse. You as a seller can name the price and if you need any assistance, these experts will help you come up with a fair price.
- Lushpad – This popular marketplace focuses on unique furniture. They motivate licensed individuals or shop owners to display their items at their website.
- Furnishly – This is an online marketplace which specialized in semi-curated items and there is a fee in which buyers can request direct shipment from sellers. The platform takes care of the commercial part.
- FleaPop – This website is perfect for selling both old and new furniture. You can also create your own online store. There is a 6% commission on every concluded sale.
- Oodle Marketplace – This is a very popular site for selling used furniture and a great way to get in touch with local buyers.
- Kijiji – This platform includes the strength of two auction websites – the unique nature of Craigslist and the popularity, as well as, price effectiveness of eBay.
- Etsy – This amazing platform is not all about handmade items, they are great for selling used furniture as well. The items you will find here range from old fashion to the types that are unique, bizarre, and wild.
- Sell.com – This website has been around for quite some time now and unlike Craigslist, they are focused on buying and selling different items.
- RecycledFurniture.com – They are known for their user-friendly and easy navigation system and listing an item online is free of charge.
There you go! Top 10 websites where you can sell your old or new furniture!